This course has Quality Checked training recognition with the National Counselling Society (NCS), www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org, and with the National Hypnotherapy Society, www.nationalhypnotherapysociety.org. This course alone is not a route to the Accredited Register nor does it fully equip a graduate to practice as a qualified counsellor or hypnotherapist.
Completion of EMDR Module 1
Improving Your EMDR Skills is a 2-day experience of practice and exposure to advanced therapy skills, resourcing techniques, and live demonstrations with Barbara Lerch. This is a course open to all graduates of EMDR Centre London courses, whether it’s modules 1, 2 or 3. As well, this course is open to other EMDR colleagues who have completed EMDR trainings elsewhere.
- Resource yourself and your clients: advanced resource techniques for self-care, self-confidence and self-management
- Use concepts to build more flow and rapport in your EMDR sessions
- Learn how to use and practice cognitive interweaves to avoid getting stuck in your sessions
- Learn how to deal with affect bridges when multiple topics come up in reprocessing
- Understand how to work with SHAME using mindfulness and boundaries
- Review the window-of-tolerance-model of arousal (by Dan Siegel)
- Understand how clients can become “flooded” and appear to disconnect from their bodies, memories and emotions
- Experience live demos by Barbara Lerch
- Ask questions and gain support for your practice
- Bring case examples to discuss with piers and to obtain supervision support from an experienced trainer.