This course has Quality Checked Training Recognition with the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society (NCPS), with the National Hypnotherapy Society and with the International Counselling and Psychotherapy Society (ICPS). Please note: This course alone is not a route to the Accredited Register nor does it fully equip a graduate to practice as a qualified counsellor or hypnotherapist.
Completion of EMDR Module 1
Improving Your EMDR Skills is a 2-day experience of practice and exposure to advanced therapy skills, resourcing techniques, and live demonstrations with Barbara Lerch. This is a course open to all graduates of EMDR Centre London courses, whether it’s modules 1, 2 or 3. As well, this course is open to other EMDR colleagues who have completed EMDR trainings elsewhere.
- Resource yourself and your clients: advanced resource techniques for self-care, self-confidence and self-management
- Use concepts to build more flow and rapport in your EMDR sessions
- Learn how to use and practice cognitive interweaves to avoid getting stuck in your sessions
- Learn how to deal with affect bridges when multiple topics come up in reprocessing
- Understand how to work with SHAME using mindfulness and boundaries
- Review the window-of-tolerance-model of arousal (by Dan Siegel)
- Understand how clients can become “flooded” and appear to disconnect from their bodies, memories and emotions
- Experience live demos by Michael Raschke
- Ask questions and gain support for your practice
- Bring case examples to discuss with piers and to obtain supervision support from an experienced trainer.